Friday 9 – Monday 12 October
Highways England will shortly be carrying out work to resurface areas of the A34/M40 junction 9 roundabout, in particular to the northern side of the roundabout which requires full depth reconstruction.
Work is currently scheduled to take place over the weekend of Friday 9 to Monday 12 October 2020. For the safety of the workforce and our customers, it will be necessary to close the junction overnight (between 9.00pm and 6.00am) on Friday 9, Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 October. Roads within the closure include:
- the roundabout
- all slip roads entering and exiting the M40 at junction 9
- the A34 northbound carriageway from the A44 Peartree Interchange to the junction 9 roundabout
- the A41 southbound carriageways between the B4030 Vendee Drive/Bicester Park & Ride roundabout and the junction 9 roundabout
During the day on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 October (6.00am to 9.00pm), lane closures will be in place on the roundabout and some approach roads. In addition, the following roads will remain fully closed:
- the A41 southbound carriageway from the B4030 Vendee Drive/Bicester Park & Ride roundabout to the junction 9 roundabout
- the M40 southbound entry slip road (London bound)
Highways England normally undertakes this type of work overnight, but will require longer closures on this occasion because of the need to rebuild the road in multiple layers and each layer needs time to harden before the next one is applied.
During the day, traffic will still be able to exit the M40 at junction 9 and join the M40 northbound carriageway; as well as travelling north on the A41 to Bicester, and travel north and south on the A34.
They appreciate that this interchange is a busy junction and selected these dates to avoid the autumn half-term period.
Please note that the works may be subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances. The closure will be advertised on yellow signs placed in advance at the junction.