This supersedes the information which was in the ‘Who does what’ factsheet issued by me back in Feb19 as I have recently made some minor changes to how some of our operational services are organised. The Highway Maintenance service is now organised into three main teams:
- Asset Management & Programmes
- Area Maintenance & Operations
- Traffic and Road Safety
The main reasons for doing this are:
- To support a larger programme associated with s106 schemes, a committed “Road Safety and Accessibility” programme, and a renewed emphasis on 20mphs and road safety.
- The increased work on asset planning and programming required with a new Highway Asset Management Plan needed, including greater emphasis on member influence on the maintenance programme.
- Taking a step further to bring together planned, routine & reactive maintenance works, along with close community engagement – needs to continue to be developed and pushed consistently across Oxfordshire.